Saturday, November 18, 2017

7. The Bright Spot

I'm sure you're wondering where the name for my blog came from. Maybe not, but I am going to tell you anyway.

Way back in the early 2000's, when I was just a young kid, there was a cute little ice cream shop in Manti, Utah called The Bright Spot. Being from Missouri, my family only visited my grandparents once a year, every summer, in Manti. If you've ever been to Manti, you probably know that it is a very small farming town with very little to do.

However, when you're a little kid, you can almost always find something to do. The Bright Spot quickly became our "something to do" as kids visiting Manti for the summer. My brothers and I would gather our cousins and we would all run down the street to get an ice cream cone at this happy place. The owner knew our dad and grandparents really well and so he was always very nice to us and made us feel super welcome.

Like that jolly ice cream place, I wanted this blog to be a reflection of joy because our world is becoming a dark place that needs more bubbly happiness. So, through this blog, I hope that you can find your "Bright Spot" and enjoy the many stories that I will share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15. Conclusion

The time has come for this blog to come to an end. It's the big conclusion, the big "see ya later". I've always love...